The initial days after adopting a vegan diet would not be that smooth for all. You might be tempted to grab a non-vegan snack and crave some animal food you enjoyed eating before you quit animal foods. It requires some patience to stick to a vegan diet. Is patience all that is needed? Your diet has to be interesting as well. If your diet is quite boring, it is more likely you will quit it.
Here are some yummy vegan breakfast recipes that you will enjoy.
Raspberry Chia Pudding
Berries are great to start your day with. You can make the raspberry chia pudding at night and enjoy it the next morning. It’s a hassle-free breakfast idea.
- fresh raspberries-1 ¼ cup
- unsweetened almond milk(1 cup)
- 3 tbsp chia seeds
- brown rice syrup(1 tbsp)
- Wash the raspberries in water and add them to a high-speed blender along with brown rice syrup and almond milk.
- Blend until smooth.
- Add the raspberry mixture to a small bowl or glass and add the chia seeds. Mix well and set aside for 30 minutes.
- Give a good mix again and place the mixture in the fridge for 4 or 5 hours overnight.
- Top the pudding with some raspberries before you eat it.
Blueberry Overnight Oats
The gluten-free recipe is something you will love eating in the morning.
For oats base
- rolled oats-3/4 cup
- rice-coconut milk-3/4 cup(unsweetened)
For blueberry sauce
- maple syrup-1 tsp
- Frozen blueberries-1/2 cup
- ground vanilla beans-1/4 tsp
- fresh blueberries-1/4 cup
- shredded coconut-1/2 tsp
- Add ¾ cup of rice-coconut milk and rolled oats to a glass jar and mix well. Keep the mix in the fridge overnight.
- The next morning, heat the frozen blueberries in a small pot and add ground vanilla beans and maple syrup. Cook on medium heat with the lid open for about 8-10 minutes. The mix will get thick by this time.
- Add 1 tablespoon of rice-coconut milk to the oats.
- Pour the blueberry sauce over the oats and swirl lightly. Add some fresh blueberries as the topping. Also, sprinkle with some shredded coconut.
If you want, you may use other plant-milk options instead of rice coconut milk in this recipe.
If your vegan meals delight your taste buds, you wouldn’t mind avoiding animal foods from your diet.